Lost Creek Township was formed on January 25, 1819. The earliest recorded settlers were Willis Northcut and John Roger, who arrived between 1802 and 1804. Casstown, in the southwest corner, is the only incorporated village in the township. It was platted in 1832 and consisted of three cabins. The Casstown-Addison Pike and the Troy-Urbana Pike both cross the township from east to west. The Casstown-Fletcher Pike runs north to south.