Formed January 1807
Concord Township, organized in 1807, is centrally located
within the county. It is crossed by the Great Miami River. The Miami-Erie
Canal also crossed the township from north to south. Troy, the seat of
county government, is located within the township.
Aaron Tullis and family, from Kentucky, were the first recorded settlers
in the township in 1805. William Barber arrived in 1804.
Due to its central location, Concord Township is crossed by numerous roads
and highways, including the Troy and Covington Pike, the Troy and Stillwater
Pike, the Troy and Frederick Pike, and the Miami and Montgomery Pike. The
Miami-Erie Canal also ran along the eastern side of the township through
Troy, the township's only city. It was first surveyed in 1807 and contained
87 lots. The log tavern, operated by Mr. Overfield, one of the town's first
citizens, is currently operated as a museum.