Brandt, Hipple, Rarick, Shilling, and Shoe.
All five from The Book:
Cemetery Inscriptions of Newberry Township in Miami County Ohio
by Joseph H. Bosserman
BRANDT BURIAL GROUND
This cemetery can no longer be found. All of the stones are gone and graves unmarked. It was located in the north half of section twenty-three of Newberry Township, very near the line dividing northwest and northeast quarters. There were very few graves here.
HIPPLE BURIAL GROUND
Located in the southeast quarter of Section 27, Range 4 of Newberry Township, on the north bank of the Greenville Creek. Only two stones located:
HIPPLE, John, d: 23 ___ 1857
Note: from the 1850 census, John and Elizabeth, his wife, were born circa 1785 in Pennsylvania.
RARICH BURIAL GROUND
There is but one grave marked in this location, It is likely the only grave that ever was made in this place. It is located in the northwest quarter of Section 10, Township 9, Range 4. In 1980, the only gravestone here was still standing and very easy to read. It reads as follows.
RARICH, Jacob, died 30 Aug 1820, age 41y 9m 3d
SCHILLING BURIAL GROUND
No longer can be found. It was at one time within the corporation of
the village of Covington, Ohio, in the backyard of what was 623 East Walnut
St. There were no known adults buried there, but two or three Schilling
children buried in that place. At one time, Dr. Lewis T. Arthur and his
wife Bertha (nee Schilling) lived on that property. The gravestones were
removed by Mr. F. Cronenbury after he bought the property circa 1960's. Later
the south half of the above mentioned address was sold off and the unmarked
graves are now at the extreme rear of the property now known as 610 East
Spring Street, Covington Ohio. These infant graves (now unmarked) are still approximately
30 to 35 feet west of Vine Street.
SHOE BURIAL GROUND
This burial ground can no longer be found. Likely there were very few graves here. It was in the southeast quarter of Section 13, Town 9, Range 4. It was marked on an 1894 map of Newberry Township. Perhaps these graves were moved into The Highland Cemetery.
Copyright © 1998 by Computerized Heritage